Sunday, January 1, 2012

My First Tracks at Wachusett - Night Skiing

IT'S HERE - FINALLY.  My ski season 2012 (since there wasn't skiing late 2011 for me in New England).  This year my schedule will mostly involve me skiing/riding at night.  It's a whole other way of going.  You usually don't see the little bumps and ridges that you would normally avoid.  So you maybe catching bits of air which is a little rush...but it's still wicked fun.

Being Sunday on a holiday weekend, I was skiing with the snowboarding younth.  I guess that's what kids do.  I used to go roller skating every week, the kids here snowboard.  It was so fun dodging them on the really wide trail on the bunny slope, Ralph's Run.  I remembered that was the slope I spend most of my time the LAST time I was at Wachusett over a decade ago.  I learned to ski there and this was my first time back.  It's a great place!  I have no idea why I didn't get back there sooner.


As for the conditions, SUPER!  I stole this quote from my Facebook page, "soft snow...no ice not cold, JUST AWESOME".  I kept looking at the thin snow, thinking it was ice.  It was warm so there wasn't anything to worry about in that category.

The staff I came in contact with were so helpful.  Being a SnoCountry/NESAC member, I have to call on holidays to make sure it's alright to ski on those days.  Hannah helped me and shared in my enthusiasm when I found out I could ski and the mountain was open until 10pm on Sundays.  The two girls behind guest services were very nice too.  Usually I get a little unsureness when I flash my membership card but not here.  They smiled through the uncomfortable feeling of "how to I look this up in the computer" and got me my ticket.  Kudos to them, I wish I remembered their names.  I bet Wachusett knows who I'm talking about already.   

5 second ski report: Very neat ski, can't wait to go back when the kids are back in school, WHA-WHO.

Here's there web address if you want to learn more: http://www.wachusett.com

Thank WA-WA-WACHUSETT.  You are a truly great edition to my ski mountain resume.  See you next time.
Bev


To stay update on all ski areas locally & globally, check out SnoCountry.com.  Where to go to find snow!
The premier snow reporting site on the world wide web.

No comments:

Post a Comment